TikTok has been downloaded 1.5 billion times; outperforming Instagram as the fastest growing social platform.
TikTok is an entertainment platform where users reward creative content and completely ignore that which is not relevant.
- 15 second video sharing app
- 500 million users
- Second most downloaded App globally – 2019
- 52 min average daily use
Who Uses it?
- 41% are between the ages of 16 and 24
- 56% Male 44% Female
- Growing number of adults beginning to use the platform.
- Main concentration of users are in India
- No country specific data for South Africa yet
TikTok is not on local marketers’ list of priorities.
However, this social media platform has certainly cornered a specific part of the teen market and could be a smart investment for a savvy brand.
Paid Media Options
- New and expensive high CPM cost of roughly US$10
- Minimum investment of US$500
- You can target, gender, location, age, device and interest category
- There is a video creation kit to help you design your content
- There are in feed ads and brand takeovers which display as you open the app
- You can sponsor a hashtag to drive additional exposure – these generally last 6 days